Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I don't know what causes it, but you could prolly breed them to get black creasted white silkies! I like them!!

Sadly, the roo I had these from died a couple weeks ago - I now have an unrelated black roo who doesn't carry white (but he does carry blue!). So we'll see if I can get black headed blues, and maybe some darker-headed whites in the generation after that. :)

Also - is anyone going to be selling silkie cross hatching eggs this spring? :) I'll have some Black Silkie x Partridge EE available if anyone wants them (or better yet, if you want to trade!).

Sadly, the roo I had these from died a couple weeks ago - I now have an unrelated black roo who doesn't carry white (but he does carry blue!). So we'll see if I can get black headed blues, and maybe some darker-headed whites in the generation after that. :)

I'm not an expert so don't hold me against this, but blue is just a dilution gene so black can't carry it. When you mix a blue to a black you get 50/50 rations getting both blue and black, blue to blue25% black 25%splash 50% blue, and blue to splash is 50/50 blue and splash. Are they laying yet?

Then I'm still learning! I had thought blue was a recessive. I'm too used to cat genetics. >.< Now I know. :)

Nope, not laying yet. Then, none of my hens are laying right now except my newly acquired black silkie hen; it's getting cold and rainy here, I think they know it's wintering. I can't wait to see egg colors... if any of them got the blue gene from the moms!

Then I'm still learning! I had thought blue was a recessive. I'm too used to cat genetics. >.< Now I know. :)

Nope, not laying yet. Then, none of my hens are laying right now except my newly acquired black silkie hen; it's getting cold and rainy here, I think they know it's wintering. I can't wait to see egg colors... if any of them got the blue gene from the moms!

No it's fine I'm still learning to! I know how you feel, only one of my hens is laying right know :/ and one is brooding. And that would be awesome if they laid blue eggs or green!

Since I am posting I guess I will post some picks of my silkie mixes. They are 75% silkie:)

Back
Top Bottom