Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
This is Foghorn and Leghorn. They were 3 weeks old in these photos. I have no clue what sex they are yet. I was told they are Silkie bantams crossed with Australorp. Anyone else have any clue what they might be? Grey one is larger than the black, has more of a poofy mohawk and seems more outgoing.

here are my mix silkies
57622_gjghkj.jpg
57622_nmbm.jpg
57622_083.jpg
57622_jghk.jpg
57622_yuiu.jpg
57622_mnbm.jpg
57622_bnmbm.jpg
theas are oegb silkie cross and easter egger silkie cross
I wonder about the size of this crosses, more of an average size now?

Couple of cockerels from my black Silkie hens x red Cochin rooster, about 4 months old now. And a cockerel from my Delaware hen x Cochin roo attempting a photobomb on the right in the second pic...

Quote:
Is this the Black Silkie hen x Red Cochin Rooster cross?.. this is just weird, Red Cochins have sex linked Id(dermal Inhibitor) and yellow shanks, so this cross SHOULD have produced cockerels with yellow shanks as Id/id+ males show yellow shanks, something is restricting Id full dermal inhibition, Could you post pics of Red cochin Sire ?

Last edited:
My Cochin roo. Both black cockerels are from the same cross, though I have one bearded Silkie hen and one non bearded Silkie hen. The Cochin in my only roo. The only other adults I have are a Delaware hen and the d'Uccle hen in this pic (one of the Silkies all the way in the back, too).

Sorry, I also forgot to mention he's a bantam, though I don't know if that matters. I haven't studied up on genetics much.

Last edited:
More cockerels from that pairing. There are 22 left (with a few pullets in there), and all have the same coloring (minus the leakage on the pullets), right down to the gray skin.

Back
Top Bottom