Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I love silkies and silkie crosses... Please dont mind my photo bomb... My phone is only letting me do one picture a time otherwise it dumps the whole post.

My roo. His moms a black silkie and his dads maybe an ee? His mom came from auction laying fertile eggs. He was the first one she laid. I think i got lucky even though hes a boy. Fantastic disposition

I know your not laughing at me...... (Showgirl roo).

Sizzle rooster and behind him is a blue sizzle hen.

Last edited:
Search out Silkie Chicken Foot - the 3rd and 4th toes start at the same place and split. Chances are it is a silkie mix. Sultans and a couple of other breeds also have 5 toes, but Silkie is the most common

I'm glad I found this thread. I've hatched 2 silkie crosses so far. One is a EE silkie cross. The other is a Slw silkie cross. The Slw cross hatched today and the EE cross I hope hatch's soon. Love seeing pictures of these crosses. I'll get pictures of that chicks as soon as the 2nd one hatches.

Adorable!

I have a Black/Blue (non-standard, non-bearded) Silkie roo who is trying to schmooze the larger ladies in his harem. Waiting to see if he ever gets it together with our Black Orpington, who is at least twice his size.

He does fine with the Mottled Cochin Bantam and now if we could only figure out which eggs were hers I'd hatch a few. LOL

I'm pretty sure we have a white silkie roo (two white silkies, but one's bigger, noisier and has a bigger comb already). It would be hilarious if he ever tried to schmooze with our ladies because we have three banties total... out of 40-some fowl. Our D'Uccle roo last year liked big white girls and was always chasing the leghorns, but he wasn't picky and would go after the RIR and even Brahmas too. This year we have a bunch of Brahma girls and a Jersey Giant that I would love to see him tangle with.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom