Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Quote:
how old is she?

i hatched her november 23rd 2010
smile.png
so not too old

Quote:
That would depend on your goal. If you want sexlinks, cross a Silkie rooster on a non dark skinned hen. The pullets from this cross will have dark skin and the males will have lighter skin. As far as "adorableness", Most Silkie traits are dominant so they will inherit equally whether the Silkie parent is the father or the mother.

adorableness, yay!!! didnt know you could make sexlink silkies, but then again this game hen and one or two roos, seem to be making sexlink chicks, as all females black combed, and very few males lighter.. thought they had to be specially bred for that. ??? am i right, and is reason silkie/cochin crosses seem to be majority? and is it just cause supposedly by what ive heard similar, or do they just naturally pair up, or are only ones kept out of mixings? curious what a black silkie roo would make with my supposed sid taylor hen, as she has the best black covered with sheen than i can even see covering her like an oil slick, than ive ever seen.

Quote:
Oh my gosh! She looks exactly like our Silkie mix, Seashell. Seashell is ahalf white Silkie Dad, and half Barred OEGB Mom.

what is the mix of the above partially naked (naked neck, or one that is totally bald). now want to see siolkies bred into naked ones to get pure naked silkies to watch run around..

Back
Top Bottom