Silkie Duck Thread

Pics
I wish I could tell you . . . he is beautiful!

I have a buff drake, a nice looking one, but I know just about nothing about colors. Hope an experienced silky person checks in soon.
Thank you. I'd love to see your buff drake if you have any photos.

Could he be a Pastel?? There are so few Silkies out there to compare to. He is 17 weeks old now so maybe it will be easier to determine in a few weeks..

I have some video of him but it's not uploaded yet. I will work on that.

Today, looks like the wind is arriving earlier than expected, so I need to stop procrastinating and batten down a few hatches.

Wow.. This thread is quiet!

I am having trouble figuring out some of the colors of my Silkies and am hoping someone can help.

Does anyone know what color this young drake is? Anyone?

I've got one just like him too. I am also wondering what this color is called.
I was thinking Buff or Blue Fawn. Not sure though as this is my first batch of Silkies!

Quote: That was my first thought too, but decided it's not quite right.. I've looked at probably thousands of photos of mallard based duck colors and I'm still not sure. It's hard because there are so many project colors in the works. I'm new to the breed as well.

Is this a butterscotch drake?

Learycow, were there other colors you're having trouble with? Maybe we can help figure it out.

I realize they aren't in the SOP but is there a "standard" to breed towards?

Wow.. This thread is quiet!

I am having trouble figuring out some of the colors of my Silkies and am hoping someone can help.

Does anyone know what color this young drake is? Anyone?
Not sure. He's so beautiful!

That was my first thought too, but decided it's not quite right.. I've looked at probably thousands of photos of mallard based duck colors and I'm still not sure. It's hard because there are so many project colors in the works. I'm new to the breed as well.

Is this a butterscotch drake?
love.gif

I would email the photo to Holderreads and see what they come back with. They only have a few pictures on their site and I'm not sure butterscotch is right.

You make me miss my silkies.... which were black. No mystery there.
smile.png

Hey all!! I am on Holderread's waiting list for a pair of Blacks and pair of White silkie adults. Hoping to get them within a month but won't know until they email me! I will be interested in buying eggs in the spring if anyone will be selling any!

Back
Top Bottom