Silkie Feathered Easter Eggers

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by trisha19, Mar 30, 2011.

1. trisha19

trisha19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Grassflat, Pa
    Hi All,
    I thought I would start a thread for silkie feathered easter eggers. I have seen a few people have been lucky to have this pop up in thier lines as I have. I have a silkie feathered hen that I hatched last spring from my stock of easter eggers. Hoping there are more people out there that would like to compare notes, and share about this. So far this year I have hatched 6 chicks with the silkie type feathering.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now keep in mind I have NOT crossed my birds with the breed of silkies, these birds have no traits of a silkie. I have no idea how the gene got in to the line but it is there.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Love the first one!

So with Silkied feathering also popping up in purebred Ameraucanas, anyone noticing a really interesting trend here in Silkie feathered flukes? I wonder if there's something going around causing it. . . ?

3. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I have some Silkie-X-Ameraucanas who lay blue eggs, that I want to breed up to Silkie standard and still have blue eggs....

4. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    That's awesome Trisha! Where did you get the parents of these silkied chicks?

5. trisha19

Jul 4, 2009
    Grassflat, Pa
    I bought eggs off of ebay almost 2 years ago, keep all of the chicks that hatched and then last year these started popping up.

6. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Does anyone have any to sell, or eggs? Otherwise I plan on breeding Silkies to my EEs.

7. jmmre31

jmmre31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Front Royal
    I want one...Any idea where you can get the eggs to hatch?

8. trisha19

Jul 4, 2009
    Grassflat, Pa
    I will be selling some in a couple of months as long as my hatches keep going good. I only have one hen so I can't sell eggs as she only lays eod.

9. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Quote:what does eod mean?

10. trisha19

Jul 4, 2009
    Grassflat, Pa
    Quote:what does eod mean?

Every Other Day

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by