silkie frizzle sizzle people... i have ?

evonne

Songster
10 Years
Oct 5, 2009
Las Vegas
okay, so i was out looking at my banties a little closer because i'm treating for lice or mites... and i realized my frazzle may very well have black skin... she only has 4 toes... is it possible instead of frazzle she's sazzle???
2 sizzles mixed??
she's got the brittle feathers so she's got 2 of the curly feather genes...
she came from the assorted abnties box at the feed store.. who order from a hatchery in NM.. privett maybe?? sounds like what the guy at the feed store told me...

i didn't look closer at her black smoth sister that's in there.. and obviously i'm not sure that they are realted.. but i got them together... hhmmm
i'm going to go look before it gets too dark...

I am not exactly sure what your mean but a Frazzle is a bird with two copies of the frizzle gene, it does not matter what breed. If you got your bird from a hatchery I would be surprised if it is a Sizzle but stranger things have happened.

Quote:
i was mainly curious if maybe she had 2 sizzle parents
i know now you're not sposed to breed 2 fizzles together because of the frazzle... but i didn't know if the same held true for a sizzle... would they be getting the same 2 frizzle genes if both parents were sizzle??
i know in my head what i'm thinking.. i just don't know if it's coming across right..
oohhh i have a good example.. my frazzle breeded to a silkie will give me 100% sizzles....
if i bred a roo and a hen from that batch together, would it be back to the same brittle feather problem because each parent would have a frizzle gene???

part of the reason i'm asking is i'm going to try to get a silky roo for her.. an breed sizzles... so good to know this stuff ahead of time.. i want my birds to be healthy and pretty and fluffy... she's pretty.. but in that ET kinda way.. her feathers are thin.. she's actually starting to fill out a little again...

i'm glad i found this site though and got the frazzle thing figured out before i got another frizzle to breed with her to get frizzle babies...

you guys are awsome.. thanks for all your help...

Back
Top Bottom