1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie gender test

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MainerChick, Mar 30, 2016.

1. MainerChick

MainerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok so most of my white silkies are exhibiting clear male behavior. They crow, harass the ladies, and have distinct mulberry or at least big combs and/or wattles. This one I'm not so sure about.

Any opinions?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  2. Tulula81

Tulula81 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2016
    Northwest GA
    I'm guessing that's a boy. The swept back poof, streamers and the large comb say boy to me. My girl is a buff and her poof is very rounded and she doesn't have those streamers coming out the back like yours does. How old are they? Mine are 3 months and the girl barely has a comb. Also, it looks like yours has shiny pointy looking hackle feathers. I'm curious to see how it turns out. My white one I think is a boy too :(

3. MainerChick

MainerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah I'm afraid that means seven of my nine are boys. I am just not sure I want to try silkie stew either...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by