silkie gender

tinakevin

Songster
Nov 1, 2015
New hampahire
Hi here are some pics of my silkies i ended up with def 4 out of 11 to be pullets but i have a question about a couple of the others i believe these are roosters but your help would be appreciated

The last might be a pullet i dont see streamers on her but her comb is quite large, however no streamers= likely pullet. The white one is all boy! You can see his streamers quite well! The first looks like a pullet to me, no streamers.i can only say for sure the white one is male. Hope this helps
1f60a.png

Oh gosh they all look like roosters. #4 looks a little girly. Well, a teensy tiny bit. Like crib size tiny. :rolleyes: Id say you've got a bunch of fluffybutt cocks

That's what I'm afraid of. I ordered 10 straight run. Ideal sent me 11 and now I know I have a bunch of roosters. The problem is I don't want to keep the all. Just one and that one is the partridge that I think will be a great protector. Buy I don't have the heart to cull them either. I have advertised in Craig's list at my local feed store and I even have a sign in front of my house but no one is responding. So I guess I keep them for now as long as they get along. I'm in NH if anyone wants any

that is so true, i may do that tomorrow, thankfully the feed store is only down the road from me. This is the partridge that i am keeping. i am guessing he's a he because he crowed a few times. not a very strong one yet but im sure he'll get there. Im also keeping a standard white cochin for my other 6 hens and 6 pullets. I have them seperated right now because the rooster is starting to get a little rambunctious and the pullets are not having any of it.They are all about 5 months old now except my hens. they are a year and a half. I have 3 rir, 3 barred rocks. 2 barnvelders, 2 glw, 1 white cochin and 1 brown leghorn. they are so fun to watch. I also have 2 baby ee's about 2 weeks old that the rir is being a momma to. she went broody, i wasn't expecting that.

that is so true, i may do that tomorrow, thankfully the feed store is only down the road from me. This is the partridge that i am keeping. i am guessing he's a he because he crowed a few times. not a very strong one yet but im sure he'll get there. Im also keeping a standard white cochin for my other 6 hens and 6 pullets. I have them seperated right now because the rooster is starting to get a little rambunctious and the pullets are not having any of it.They are all about 5 months old now except my hens. they are a year and a half. I have 3 rir, 3 barred rocks. 2 barnvelders, 2 glw, 1 white cochin and 1 brown leghorn. they are so fun to watch. I also have 2 baby ee's about 2 weeks old that the rir is being a momma to. she went broody, i wasn't expecting that.

This is a cockerel too.

That's ok on the partridge only now I have to change his name from jasmine to Aladdin lol. They are all named after Disney princesses except gronkowski lol who ironically is named after my favorite patriots football player even tho she's a girl lol.

Back
Top Bottom