Silkie Genders?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kaybug137, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Kaybug137

Kaybug137 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2012
    Texas
    I've asked a few times about the gender of my two silkies. I need help lol. No one said if they're boy or girl I don't believe.

Here's Geronimo I keep thinking Geronimo is a girl but I could be way wrong!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's fuzzbutt not sure of name yet I'm thinking boy, he or she doesn' have as much fuzz on her or his neck.Geronimo is ALOT fuzzier. This one had less fuzz when I first got em. Other one is still fluffier. Silkies are funny lol. They do get into small fights but I break them up, it was after I moved them in with thee older group. so I Was guessing they were situating the order, cause they didn't do the pecking in the box with the other 3 youngsters.

[​IMG]

2. krackowpolish

krackowpolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    fallbrook
    they look like roosters to me.[​IMG]

3. Kaybug137

Apr 18, 2012
    Texas
    I was hoping they would be girls. But would. Rooster silkies be the same as a Rooster Production red were they run off and don't let you hold them?

4. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    Huh, I'm not a Silkie expert but I think Geronimo looks like a pullet from the "togetherness" of the head fuzz... very round there. Fuzzbutt's fuzz looks... wilder. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    IDK, but silkies are hard to sex at that age. Wait a couple of weeks, and then post more pics. Good luck!

6. Kaybug137

Apr 18, 2012
    Texas
    I've been thinking Fuzz is a Roo but again I could be wrong, he's got alot less fuzz on the back of the neck. and he's bigger they're about the same age I think. He or she grew his fluff in slower than Geronimo

Oh and I got the name Geronimo from the 11th Doctor's saying in Doctor Who XD

7. Kaybug137

Apr 18, 2012
    Texas
    I've also got a naked neck that seems questionable but, I think she's a girl, cause my rooster grew the comb before his feathers all came in, shes got a little bit of a comb and a red face but shes naked so, the sun probably has something to do with it, her feathers are soft and not oily or curley Fred the Roo had curly feathers beffore they finally straightened and his hackles and saddle and sickle feathers came in.

8. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    They are both very cute. Which one has a bigger comb? Geronimo might be a cockerel, but I could be wrong.

9. Kaybug137

Apr 18, 2012
    Texas
    .Not very good pictures, 'tis hard getting good pictures when holding them lol.

Fuzzbutt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    He or she was fixing to peck something XD so fluffy

[​IMG]

Geronimo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couldn't help it had to put a silkie rear on here XD I believe this one be fluffbutt's butt XP

[​IMG]

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they both look like cockerels comb and wattles both are a good size on a young bird

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by