Silkie Hatch Along Eggs Set 1/30/11 pic of some chicks on day 19

Quote:
Am I too late? I set 21 Silkie eggs this morning, all different colors, hoping for red and buff partridge and splash, a lavender would be nice too...
fl.gif
So cool to see pics of the babies, I dont know how Im going to wait till March!
pop.gif

YAY Silkies!!! I've wanted some SO BAD since I first became interested in chickens but only had so much room so I stocked my coop with reliable layers. Now that we're moving to a place with tons of extra room I ordered myself 2 dozen eggs
big_smile.png
I won't be getting them until April but I'm absolutely thrilled. I hope there will be a group who wants to do another Silkie hatch along farther into spring!!!

You never know, this thread may still be going strong. Mine that I hatched the other day are doing fantastic. Congrats on your eggs.

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to get mi incubator so I can hatch too, ugh anyway what cute babies. Congrats to you all! And good luck

Quote:
looking at your sig line, what a cool assortment of animals you have, you should post pics of your clydes on the show off your horses thread;)

get that incubator!
lol.png
join the madness!

Last edited:
You never know, this thread may still be going strong. Mine that I hatched the other day are doing fantastic. Congrats on your eggs.

Oooo I hope so!!! I broke the news about my egg purchase to my boyfriend last night... All I got was an eye roll but a few minutes later he asked: "Aren't you going to hatch some of our chickens' eggs?" which I'm choosing to mean that in addition to the two dozen silkies, I should also throw in some of my Marans eggs and maybe a few Marans/BO crosses too
big_smile.png

Looks like I'm going to need a MUCH bigger brooder!​

Last edited:
My silkie egg appears to be going fine, except it looks "stuck" on one side. My other eggs that are more advanced have never had this problem. Does this happen more with silkies?
hmm.png

Quote:
Oooo I hope so!!! I broke the news about my egg purchase to my boyfriend last night... All I got was an eye roll but a few minutes later he asked: "Aren't you going to hatch some of our chickens' eggs?" which I'm choosing to mean that in addition to the two dozen silkies, I should also throw in some of my Marans eggs and maybe a few Marans/BO crosses too
big_smile.png

Looks like I'm going to need a MUCH bigger brooder!

Makes sense to me! My DH calls this reasoning Chick Math.

Back
Top Bottom