Silkie Hatch Along Eggs Set 1/30/11 pic of some chicks on day 19

So how is every one's eggs doing,today is day 13 and all is going fine .
pop.gif
fl.gif

All 8 that hatched for me are doing great. They have started the pecking order chest butting and they aren't even a week old yet....silly little chicks.

Quote:
I am on day 15 and my 12 silkies are doing great! I candled on day 13 and all were doing well. I had to pull one brown mutt egg, stopped developing at about day 8 but 12 other mutt eggs are doing well.

very cute.So i have a little problem with a broody silkie she is sitting on 13 eggs but she is still laying and eggs are rolling out of her and they are really far in there stage.but she is still laying new eggs and the others are rolling out should i out them in the bator.we are losing 2 eggs a day from her.

Quote:
I would mark the ones that she has been sitting on so you can tell between the new and the old and let her continue to sit but take the new eggs that she lays everyday. That way she won't stay broody forever and she will have some chicks soon.

i did a day 13 candle on my remaining fifteen out of thirty eggs. half of those have quit leaving me with eight. i still have a week to go and im really really hoping the remaining chicks make it
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom