Silkie Hatch Along Eggs Set 1/30/11 pic of some chicks on day 19

ep.gif
day 17 tomorrow at 3 pm they will go in lock downand if all goes well
woot.gif
hoping they are all splash.

As of day 14 ( Monday) I only have four of thirty eggs still alive.

Their airsacs are really big, what does that mean?

I don't know if these guys are gonna make it
sad.png
they've still got till the weekend PLUS surviving lockdown/hatching.

Not getting my hopes up on this one. What a yucky first hatch

Quote:
Dont feel bad, I think I only have 5 good eggs out of 21, but its only day 6, Ill give them awhile longer. Does anyone know if they progress at different rates if they were set all at once?

Quote:
Dont feel bad, I think I only have 5 good eggs out of 21, but its only day 6, Ill give them awhile longer. Does anyone know if they progress at different rates if they were set all at once?

hugs.gif
were in the same boat then!

I've been told that they can develop at different rates but what do I know, this is only my first hatch!

Quote:
To bad you are so far away! I have 5 roosters and 9 hens... could stand to rehome a couple.
roll.png

And I would let you...My poor girls can't wait for their aprons...the bantam cochin roo and 'OE' roos are tearing them up...I wish I had a place to keep tehm seperate...am working on that for them

Well day 18 so he i go i hope to hear some little chirps tomorrow.And as for hatch number 2 tthere are 32 splash eggs in there and i will candle them sat night.
pop.gif
i am getting so many silkie eggs we are having to eat them.

Quote:

hugs.gif

I've been told that they can develop at different rates but what do I know, this is only my first hatch!

mine too, I miscounted, have 6 developing, but out of 21, not so good. good luck with yours, take pics!
pop.gif

Quote:
hugs.gif

mine too, I miscounted, have 6 developing, but out of 21, not so good. good luck with yours, take pics!
pop.gif

If I have anything to take pictures of! Four making it to lockdown out of thirty does not give me much hope of them surviving the hatch...

Back
Top Bottom