Silkie Hatch Along Eggs Set 1/30/11 pic of some chicks on day 19

Quote:
mine too, I miscounted, have 6 developing, but out of 21, not so good. good luck with yours, take pics!
pop.gif

If I have anything to take pictures of! Four making it to lockdown out of thirty does not give me much hope of them surviving the hatch...

fl.gif

I have 6 in my homemade bator due to hatch...tonight / tomorrow! I can hear them chirping tonight. They are from my white hens and my new splash roo I got from tobin123 fairly recently. I hope he produces nice looking chicks. He sure is great to his girls, he is a gentleman and every egg I have seen since I put him in with the hens has been fertile. I will post pics when they hatch!

Good luck everyone!

Day 21 officially is today! So far I have two silkies pipped with one starting to look like it is trying to zip. They pipped midday yesterday but haven’t made much progress. I have had 4 mutt eggs hatch and have two more pips in them. Worried about those silkies…

Edit: I have a Silkie Out and another silkie pip!!

Last edited:
I have two of my four silkie eggs that hatched last night. One is pipped, and one I don't see anything yet. These are babies from upintheholler's stock. I bought four birds from her a few weeks ago. They are AMAZING. I highly recommend her. Her birds are incredible. They are high quality, beautiful, and have the best personalities that you could imagine. Even the roo is easy going and great with my kids. I can see now the difference that not using shipped eggs makes. I'll have a 75-100% hatch rate from these eggs... and I stored them for 10 days before incubating. I never would have imagined that I would love silkies so much. They are wonderful family pets. Here's the pic I took this morning.

73319_two_baby_chicks.jpg

Last edited:
I got a better pic of my first two silkie chicks.. Their mothers were splash and my roo is black:

73319_best_friends.jpg

We had a third chick just hatch. It looks to maybe be from our black hen, I'll get a better picture when it fluffs up:

Pipping:

73319_third_zipping.jpg

In the brooder:

73319_third_chick.jpg

I'm so excited! This is the first successful hatch I've had.
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom