Silkie hen with bleeding neck injury! Help!

Thank you! I’ll get some antibiotic ointment for her!

It’s kinda funny how we got her.. once upon a time... a friend of mine at a 4-H meeting bought some silkies at tractor supply. She was told they were Bantan however, at about 6 weeks old she realized that they were NOT BANTAM! She was upset and gave them all away to the kids at the club. We took two silkies. Marco and Polo. Honestly, I have no idea how they are full-sized. I’ve been looking around for a silkie rooster to possibly breed her with. Bantams are awesome but I look my fluffy full-sized silkie!
I forgot to mention that Marco (the rooster) was super agresive and somehow killed himself.

We got her from Tractor Supply. Not sure where Tractor Supply gets their stock from.
:)

TSC - at least the local store, sells the furthest from SOP silkies imaginable. One year their chicks were of such poor quality that an entire tub did not sell. I believe they had to sell the entire lot for $5. Many were single combed, non crested, hard feathered, over sized, missing toes -------------- and the list goes on. By any chance do you deal with the Ringoes, NJ store ?

Back
Top Bottom