Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

Hi,

Lockdown today.actually should have been yesterday but counted wrong......................
he.gif

Not really upset about the mistake,
with the small air cells..maybe an extra day will help.
I read yesterday new information to me. This person said what was important is that the bottom of the egg be filled with chick.
Otherwise a sign of to much water........... It was from a person who had about 15,000 posts and really sounded very experienced.
We'll see what happens here.............really hoping for some Silkies..they were shipped and it is what I was working for.
The rest were just to many eggs from my own flock.

Last edited:
Ok, I have an incubator, I have silkie eggs.... tonight I put the two together!!! EEEEEE!!!!!
yesss.gif
hopeful I will have some good results, although nervous as this is my first time.... I have 20 silkie eggs, mixed colors. when I candled and weighed the other day I had 8 porous eggs.
hit.gif
totally bummed as I've read this means odds aren't good they will hatch (but i'm not giving up hope!). so will keep everyone posted as I go.... and on with the incubating!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Ok, I have an incubator, I have silkie eggs.... tonight I put the two together!!!  EEEEEE!!!!!  :yesss:   hopeful I will have some good results, although nervous as this is my first time....  I have 20 silkie eggs, mixed colors.  when I candled and weighed the other day I had 8 porous eggs.  :hit totally bummed as I've read this means odds aren't good they will hatch (but i'm not giving up hope!).  so will keep everyone posted as I go....  and on with the incubating!!!  :yiipchick
Awesome!! Keep us posted! :)

Back
Top Bottom