Silkie is still sick!

This is an update I didn't want to have to make. Little smudge didn't make it. Since we went to the vet earlier this week I spent as much time as I could cuddling her and giving her attention. Yesterday she suffered from what seemed to be a seizure. She was convulsing horribly and she couldn't get up. I held her for a few minutes and she got through it. The rest of the night she was standing up and eating on her own. But then this morning she was worse. I took her to the vet and unfortunately we had to put her down. There was nothing else we could do. I feel terrible that I wasn't able to help her more and get her through this. She just wasn't strong enough. It's harder since we bonded so much more over the past few days. Thank you to everyone for your support and kind words. Smudge is no longer suffering.

I am so very, very sorry..you did everything possible to help Smudge through her illness..your heartache is felt here too...she was such an endearing character..we do bond with those that need our extra loving care...she knew you did everything you could...RIP Smudge...

Thinking of you in your sadness
hugs.gif

We got some results back from the autopsy they did on Smudge. Turns out Smudge was a little roo. He had everyone fooled! Whatever she had was long term. Her infectious bronchitis may have caused the tumors they found growing in his lungs, along with having Cocci. They think that since he was so sick he did not respond to the Corid. Turns out there really wasn't much we could do. Her illness progressed to death in only two weeks even with antibiotics. If I get anymore results I will let everyone know. They are waiting for more test results to come back. They are trying to encourage me to bring my other Pullet in who was also sick. They believe if she has the same thing she will not get better either. I'm holding off on that for now since she seems to be getting better, she's just extremely underweight from being sick. I'll post the rest of the test results when they come in!

Well at least you know that you did everything possible to help Smudge..your little surprise Roo...keep us updated on your other little one..hopefully she will get better and give you years of joy...

This is an update I didn't want to have to make. Little smudge didn't make it. Since we went to the vet earlier this week I spent as much time as I could cuddling her and giving her attention. Yesterday she suffered from what seemed to be a seizure. She was convulsing horribly and she couldn't get up. I held her for a few minutes and she got through it. The rest of the night she was standing up and eating on her own. But then this morning she was worse. I took her to the vet and unfortunately we had to put her down. There was nothing else we could do. I feel terrible that I wasn't able to help her more and get her through this. She just wasn't strong enough. It's harder since we bonded so much more over the past few days. Thank you to everyone for your support and kind words. Smudge is no longer suffering.

Awwww I'm sorry to hear that. Loosing one is a difficult thing to ho through. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom