Silkie Jersey Giant cross breeds!

Silkie Rancher

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2017
I love my white silkie rooster and my big Jersey Giant hen. I believe i have successfully bred the two! (I also have a smooth Sizzle silkie rooster who is in the mix). I'm still trying to figure out who the father is. Has anyone here bred silkies and Jersey giants? This is my first chick at 4days old! 90% sure the dad is my white silkie rooster. Thoughts?
20180323_203101.jpg

Here is a picture of the 4day old silkie/giant chick next to its 3day old silkie/sizzle frizzle sibling. Weight : 25grams vs 55grams. Also, picture of mom and likely dad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180328-225517.png
    Screenshot_20180328-225517.png
    3 MB · Views: 347
  • 20171223_161122.jpg
    20171223_161122.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 20171220_090757.jpg
    20171220_090757.jpg
    797.6 KB · Views: 294
What's a smooth sizzle silkie?
Silkie = silkie feathers
Sizzle = silkie and frizzled feathers
Right?
Smooth = neither frizzle or silkie feathered?
So that rooster is just regular feathered?
Have a pic?

11150.jpg
Lady fluffington is a mix and I'm unsure of correct terminology. I believe she is a sizzle silkie/cross. Entirely curled feathers, but not the sikkie feayher type. Shes tiny,sweet and broody.Here she is with her white chick (white silkie father) and jersey giant/(white silkie dad?) Chick she hatched.

Last edited:
Silkie = silkie feathers
Right?
Have a pic?
Nugget has feathered feet, smooth feathers but silkie temperament and I can't quite figure his exact breed mix
20171223_161143.jpg
out. I believe a silkie and ?
Silkie = silkie feathers
Right?
Have a pic?
Nugget has Feather feet,5toes, smooth feathers smaller than a normal chicken. He is a sweet guy who gets along with our silkie roo (same hatch date). Could also be the father of the jersey cross chick at top of post.

Do you have any update on this topic and pictures of the grown chickens? We think we may have some jersey giant crosses with silkie and wondering.
I am thinking of doing this when my black silke roo and my black jersey Giant hen id love to see what the offspring will look like

View attachment 1329369 Lady fluffington is a mix and I'm unsure of correct terminology. I believe she is a sizzle silkie/cross. Entirely curled feathers, but not the sikkie feayher type. Shes tiny,sweet and broody.Here she is with her white chick (white silkie father) and jersey giant/(white silkie dad?) Chick she hatched.
Do you have any pics of the jersey giant silky mix all grown-up?

Back
Top Bottom