Jul 9, 2020
Melbourne, Australia.
So my five little silkie girls have started squatting as of a week or two. I was quite suprised, as they are only 5 1/2 months or so. I can't be sure of who pooped the beautiful nugget, but i know it was one of them. Lulu (my duccle) lays rounder, creamier eggs.

Although it wasn't completely out of the blue, I'm still taken aback. It isn't unheard of, but silkies often take up to 8-9 months!

Here is the fluffball I'm guessing has reached womHENhood

20211121_101402.jpg
20211121_101708.jpg

So my five little silkie girls have started squatting as of a week or two. I was quite suprised, as they are only 5 1/2 months or so. I can't be sure of who pooped the beautiful nugget, but i know it was one of them. Lulu (my duccle) lays rounder, creamier eggs.

Although it wasn't completely out of the blue, I'm still taken aback. It isn't unheard of, but silkies often take up to 8-9 months!

Here is the fluffball I'm guessing has reached womHENhood

View attachment 2913978View attachment 2913979
my silkys laid at that same age as well. I was surprised. I hear 9 months to a year. Their brother was doing his deed early as well. We bought another silky who was a year old and we were getting fertile eggs and now incubation. Just love silkys!

Back
Top Bottom