Silkie & Mille Fleur mix Roosters-Los Angeles***Free!

Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
Fair Oaks, California
Hatched this little bantam from an egg listed as Frizzle x Mille Fleur, Silkie, Polish, Japanese. He does not exhibit the Frizzle, but i assume he would be a carrier of the gene? He is gorgeous, healthy, and hand tame. Nine weeks old and just started crowing - it's a very small sound at this point, sort of like a creaky car door opening. He does it three times at 8am then quiet rest of the day. Can't guarantee he will always be that quiet. He's such a handsome guy!
frizzleguy.jpg

Then i have some Silkie Bantam Roosters - eleven weeks old, these Silkie chickens are healthy and hand tame - White, Buff, Partridge, and Grey Splash (i think he is a grey splash).
stapuff.jpg

bobble.jpg

lulu.jpg

nicki.jpg

AND, they are all free, Free, FREE! (such a deal!)

Quote:
No crowing yet, but the wattles are getting longer and combs are getting big and gnarly. Plus, those four silkies engage in teeny rooster chest bunting escapades on a regular basis. There is the normal pecking order issue with all of them, but more serious challenges between the boys.

Lulu the partridge one is teeny top roo. Nickie the splash one is always trying to challenge him. Then when he loses he goes over to Sta-Puff the white one to beat him up. Then he proceeds over to Bobble the buff and knocks him around. He ended up in time-out yesterday to ponder the error of his ways.

Chicken_boy, i have a thought. My husband has a friend who drives to Arizona once a month to see his daughter. i'll find out exactly where he goes, and if it's close to where you live, perhaps i can convince him to take one along next time.

Quote:
Yuma is not tooo far! I once drove from San Diego to Yuma to buy lottery tickets (work pool!)
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom