Silkie Names!!!

SilkiesAndSuch

Silkie Daddy
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
Mayo
If you have silkies and you have named them, show off their names!!! I might borrow some of them.......
hide.gif
Btw, I know there is a thread involving the names of ALL chickens, just wanted to know some specifically SILKIE names. Thanks a lot!

Here are some of mine

Roosters

Blue- Atlas
Belenus
Splash-Gibbs
Moonshine (he is the son of a bird names Whiskey lol
lau.gif
)
Czar
Themis
Crius

Hens (splash)

Cookie
Bitty
Speckles
Splash

Hens (Blue)

Mama
Roxy
Betty

Well, thanks for participating
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I only have two silkies, a red and a blue. Almost 10 weeks old.
The blue one is Jethro and the red one is Ellie Mae.

There's two problems with their names. First off, I'm pretty sure the names are backwards, i.e., Jethro is a pullet and Ellie Mae is a cockerel.

The other problem is that Ellie Mae considers himself the flock leader for a bunch of cornish Xs. I don't have the heart to tell him that anyone of his girlfriends could sit on him and squash him.
gig.gif

Thanks NewToFarming for the name ideas. I thought of Opal and Diamond, but that seems like it ought to be reserved for a white chicken. May just end up with the name "The Silkie"
lol.png
since we can't pick one out. Right now I'm leaning towards Galena, a.k.a. Lena - perfect name for a girl. If boy, The Silkie is fine by me because I probably wont keep if it's a him.

We are hoping for a girl. She's looking better than a month ago. Can't see a comb so it keeps "girl" hopes alive.
fl.gif
Of course getting a photo of her looking at the camera isn't easy. LOL

She's already as big as the 6 month old bantams and she's only 2 months old. At two months, it should only be half grown at most. She may end up in the large chicken side of the coop. I think I'm going to have to learn how to "style" a silkie's hairdo.
tongue.png
I don't know how she can see with all that around her eyes (you can see the eye in the last photo). Hopefully she turns out as beautiful as most of the other silkies I've seen here on BYC. I don't want to breed her, but it might be nice if she brooded some eggs for me next spring.

CG

I have 2 silkie chicks (my first chickens ever!) arriving Friday. One black which I intend to name Dali, and one white which will be named Frida! After the painters! :wee

Back
Top Bottom