Silkie Names!!!

I have a black silkie hen saquatch [ cause when see was little we had 5 others and see was the biggest one and would step on them]
AND
My white silkie roo yeti

Puff the Magic Rooster
smile.png

puff the magic rooster lived by the coop :D(sing along)

Anyone got some ideas of what to name a partridge silkie chick that we hope is a female (I hear you can't tell silkies genders until crow or egg and since she's only 6 weeks old, it may be a while before we are sure) and it ought to follow a rock/mineral theme that we've been using for the bantams. I am not sure if partridge silkies look buff/blond like she looks now or if she'll look more like other partridge color chickens (with red and green/black mixed in).

We've got:
Flint - Porclein d'uccle roo
Saphire - Self Blue d'uccle pullet
Little Miss Pyrite - OEGB pullet

Did have two other roos (traded them for the silkie) temporarily named Onyx (Black) and Citrine (Buff)
Had a cat, many years ago named Topaz so can't use it either.

I have thought of (or found listed on the internet):
Agate (nickname Aggy)
Crystal
Sandy
Mica
Galena

Thanks for helping out
CG

Thanks NewToFarming for the name ideas. I thought of Opal and Diamond, but that seems like it ought to be reserved for a white chicken. May just end up with the name "The Silkie"
lol.png
since we can't pick one out. Right now I'm leaning towards Galena, a.k.a. Lena - perfect name for a girl. If boy, The Silkie is fine by me because I probably wont keep if it's a him.

We are hoping for a girl. She's looking better than a month ago. Can't see a comb so it keeps "girl" hopes alive.
fl.gif
Of course getting a photo of her looking at the camera isn't easy. LOL

She's already as big as the 6 month old bantams and she's only 2 months old. At two months, it should only be half grown at most. She may end up in the large chicken side of the coop. I think I'm going to have to learn how to "style" a silkie's hairdo.
tongue.png
I don't know how she can see with all that around her eyes (you can see the eye in the last photo). Hopefully she turns out as beautiful as most of the other silkies I've seen here on BYC. I don't want to breed her, but it might be nice if she brooded some eggs for me next spring.

CG

Our silkie names are:

Wasabi---black rooster
Paprika--- now pepper jack as she turned out to be a he. Black rooster
Katniss--- black hen
Darcy--- black hen
Snow ball-- white hen
Mamma-- white hen. ( she is the boss!)
Reba--red hen
Jetta--black hen

Back
Top Bottom