silkie pair roo or hen?

Freckley13

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2018
I have 2 silkies that I am trying to figure out if they are hens or roos, they have 2 different comb types and I have never had silkies before so would like to know whether I have a roo or hen! :) Thank you
roxie1.jpg
roxie2.jpg
roxie3.jpg
roxie4.jpg
roxiebuff1.jpg

Is it normal for them to have 2 different comb type, the white one has a black "spikey" small comb and then you can clearly see the buff ones comb in the picture. I am happy if these are both hens :)

I don't see the white ones comb well. Really need photo with bird facing front and crest(feathers on top of head) held or pulled back to show complete comb. How old are they? It is difficult to sex silkies before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not until they crow or law eggs.

I don't see the white ones comb well. Really need photo with bird facing front and crest(feathers on top of head) held or pulled back to show complete comb. How old are they? It is difficult to sex silkies before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not until they crow or law eggs.
I will get some better pictures of their combs. They are 6-7 weeks old

Here are some better photos of their combs, I also took a picture of the Buffs wings because he/she has alot more "normal" feathering than the white one. you can see in his tail there is straight feather instead of poofy whereas the white one has a completely poofy tail. I hope this helps. I got them both at the same time, so they are the same age.
silkiecomb.jpg
silkiecomb1.jpg
silkiecomb2.jpg
silkiecomb3.jpg
silkietail.jpg

Back
Top Bottom