Silkie Princesses mystery egg hatch along! + Updates on chicks!šŸ£

Just added and moved some thingsšŸ¤£I also want to add a rock (chicks absolutely love climbing on them) and grass

Attachments

• IMG_20211028_164005.jpg
    IMG_20211028_164005.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 2
Just added and moved some thingsšŸ¤£I also want to add a rock (chicks absolutely love climbing on them) and grass
I read an article about entertainment and engaging their minds (and yes some laughed at my interest in bird brains). I had the tube container from oats with the bottom cut out for them to use as a tunnel and a plastic practice golf ball (has holes in it like a whiffle ball). It was funny watching them inspect the tjnnel before finally getting up the courage to go through it. Some then wanted to go through it all of the time instead of going around. Likewise after inspecting the ball, they started moving it around.

When do think they will pip?
Day 19 (today)
Day 20
Day 21
I honestly think they will pip on day 20 but I'm hoping for at least 1 pip today! :fl
I'm trying to fig out how far ahead of me you are, plus the time difference. Today is day #19 for you, day #21 for me. So your incubation time is 20-21 days? Guineas are supposedly 28 but they always seem to come on 25-26. I'm concerned bc some appear ready to pop and I can hear them scratching around, but others could use those extra days so I'm stalling on lockdown as long as I can.
How far are the ones you're still turning? I ask bc once the pipping starts, you don't want to be opening incubator to turn them. If they're past 10 days, my understanding is you can leave them unturned, but confirm that w/someone other than me. But may not be as big of an issue for you; I used dry method, so cranking up humidity all of the sudden wouldn't be ideal. Otherwise, I wonder if the heating pad method can be improvised for eggs?šŸ¤”

Last edited:
I'm trying to fig out how far ahead of me you are, plus the time difference. Today is day #19 for you, day #21 for me. So your incubation time is 20-21 days? Guineas are supposedly 28 but they always seem to come on 25-26. I'm concerned bc some appear ready to pop and I can hear them scratching around, but others could use those extra days so I'm stalking on lockdown as long as I can.
How far are the ones you're still turning? I ask bc once the pipping starts, you don't want to be opening incubator to turn them. If they're past 10 days, my understanding is you can leave them unturned, but confirm that w/someone other than me. But may not be as big of an issue for you; I used dry method, so cranking up humidity all of the sudden wouldn't be ideal. Otherwise, I wonder if the heating pad method can be improvised for eggs?šŸ¤”
The Faverolles eggs have 5 days left and the Araucana eggs have 8 days leftšŸ„³

Back
Top Bottom