Silkie Princesses mystery egg hatch along! + Updates on chicks!🐣

Pics
Sounds like it isn't getting enough o2. When I couldn't get my RH up, I put a jelly jar of h2o in. And make sure your vent is open all the way. Hopefully eggspert is coming.

It appears to be stuck in a membrane? It's wriggling and moving its beak but is it stuck?

Attachments

• IMG_20211030_065437.jpg
    IMG_20211030_065437.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211030_065447.jpg
    IMG_20211030_065447.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 4
Maybe... It looks like it wants to zip but that weird membrane thing is holding it back😬
If the hatchlings are panting in the incubator, the temperature may be too high. Panting releases heat through evaporation from the respiratory system. If the temperature is correct, the problem is most likely insufficient ventilation. Improper ventilation during the hatch can cause the oxygen level to go down and the carbon dioxide level to go up. When that happens, baby birds have to breathe faster to get enough oxygen and release excess carbon dioxide. The simple solution to ensure hatchling comfort and survival is to improve ventilation.

If the hatchlings are panting in the incubator, the temperature may be too high. Panting releases heat through evaporation from the respiratory system. If the temperature is correct, the problem is most likely insufficient ventilation. Improper ventilation during the hatch can cause the oxygen level to go down and the carbon dioxide level to go up. When that happens, baby birds have to breathe faster to get enough oxygen and release excess carbon dioxide. The simple solution to ensure hatchling comfort and survival is to improve ventilation.
The temp is 36°C for some reason🤔

Back
Top Bottom