Silkie Processing Video - WARNING

Quote:
confused? I know that is a question....
tongue.png
You just processed a silkie....and you said our silkie and laying flocks are pets.
hmm.png

The silkie we processed was a nasty roo who was given away and then
returned for being so nasty. Then it attacked some of the other birds.
It belonged to MoodusNewChick who won't process her silkies either
but had no choice. The bird was rotten.

My silkie flock consists of show quality birds I've hatched myself. It just
cost me $52 to ship one to a friend in Texas so he could have a good
home. We don't keep roosters for long because of our neighbors. It
would have been a lot easier to just cull him, and cheaper.

I know what u mean. I have given away all my beautiful roos. They were easy on the eyes buy they would take one out if they had the chance. I miss the crowing and my neighbors loved the crowing. All chicken loving neighbors but I have a daycare and youngens myself. I can't believe those little silkie AKA teddy bear chickens....daughter call them that....could be so mean.
lau.gif
I told the guy that took my eye candy roos that if they acted up they could be roo soup but he said they would be fine on his big farm with his flock. He wanted them to breed his hens.

Silkie roos can be mean. Here is another comical video of a roo I had
that got mean. He now belongs to PerfectlyPolish who has "saved"
several of my silkie roos from the soup pot.

17124_picture_020.jpg

We go revenge on our roo for being a bad boy. Dressed him up as a little baby. This was taken 2 days before he got relocated to the farm.
lol.png
That silkie you had was no match for this big boy. He'd take you down to china town, but only when your turned you back.
lol.png
Take a look at his eye. Pure evil....that silkie is nothing compared to this evil roo.

Last edited:
I did love that roo and he wasn't even a year old. I just couldn't eat him....maybe I gave him away before he flogged me too many times. I was actually thinking about chopping his little head off. Don't bite the hand that feeds you darn it. He'd come eat out of my hand and come right up to me and when you turn your back he would try to kill you...for real.

Couple of things

First PC, Thanks again for sharing it is always an education with you, your son and those girls. Second if you really need to get rid of those birds but your freezer is full, have you thought about processing them and then giving them to one of the local food banks. Some people are really hurting right now, and they help a lot of needy folks. Just a thought. If you do I would check to see if they can take home grown chickens. I am not sure what laws they have to follow. My brother David is always called by the farmers to do the deer crop damage culling and he can't bring them to the food banks here but they will give him names of needy (with their permission) and then he brings them the deer quartered. They are always so happy to see that meat.

Hey Jim what kind of roo is that. I just love those horns LOL

Back
Top Bottom