Silkie Roo holding head upside down and between legs. HELP!!

I am going to try the higher dosage, would it hurt to give the b complex vitamin with the poly and vit e? I have heard to give selenium to help absorb the vit e. I can get some of that also. I did hear something about giving fish oil?? Any thoughts on that?? Thank you all so much for the help and the warm thoughts!!

I would stop the poly if you are going with the b complex...sometimes, too many vitamins isn't a good thing either. Selenium is good. I would hold off on the fish oil for a time. Just use the vitamin b, or poly, and the vitamin E...

Wow. I am so sorry that this didn't help. I am at a loss. You can search Newcastle Disease and Marek's and see if any of those diseases fit your rooster. He could have also had a head injury of some sort. Silkies are very susceptible to brain trauma. I'm sorry but the best advice I can give you now is to euthanize and have a necropsy performed to find out just what happened and if it is something that you need to protect your other chickens from.

I have researched those 2, some of the symptoms he has but a lot he doesn't. If it were brain injury what are the odds of him recovering? Thanks again.

You don't need to have all the symptoms for it to be one of those diseases. I've had chickens die from Marek's, confirmed on necropsy, with no outward symptoms at all.

At this point, if you have seen no signs of recovery, I would say that chances are slim that he will return to normal.

You can wait another week. Continue with the vitamins. If he isn't in pain and is getting enough food/water, there is no harm in keeping him around. The only possible harm would be if it is one of the more serious illnesses. It seems that a symptomatic bird sheds more virus and it therefore more lethal to the other chickens.

Back
Top Bottom