Silkie Rooster can't stand up.

Well, the little one seemed to rally and was drinking on her own last night, but was dead this morning. :( Are the silkies just that much more fragile than the other breeds? No others have gotten this.

I'm sorry.
hugs.gif

I have same problem silkie cant stand eating well put in sling bc cant stand at all or get up but alert eating n pooping. help. did you solve your problem?? how is she now?

I have yet to save one once they went all "dropsy" on me. My stepdad is a vet, too-- so I've tried all the meds, even high-end expensive ones-- to no avail. It seems to be worse after a weather change. Not necessarily cold or hot, but when it fluctuates--maybe they can't adjust well? On a positive note, one of my girl silkies got all broody just in time for the last few days of my 28 incubator eggs! She is inside now (spoiled little queen!) on a nest with some eggs and the first chick who hatched yesterday. Six more eggs are peeping or pipped already, the rest should be any day. It was probably the shortest length lay for a chick, but who would expect 28 chickies? LOL we'll see how she does as super mama though. So far she's lovin' it (the hand fed mealworms don't hurt, either :) )

Back
Top Bottom