Silkie, Serama or Sebright..

TobyTheQuail

Chirping
Dec 30, 2020
So, after having done some research these are my top 3. I am looking for a small-sized breed that is friendly, loving and personable. The candidates include but are not limited to: Silkie Bantams, Seramas and Sebright Bantams. I would've included Cochin chickens but they're too large for my liking.

I'm not sure if smaller chicken size equals less/smaller poop but I do live in an apartment and since I'm not going to be using diapers, the less of a mess the better. Ha!

I respect everyone's opinion and welcome it. I do ask u though that before u come on here perhaps insinuating that I'm selfish or irresponsible for keeping a chicken as an indoor pet and how he needs this and that and yadda yadda, please do ur homework first. Let's inform not misinform. Also, let's not forget how adaptable and bright chickens are.

If anyone has any other breed that they would recommend please do so.

Your going to want bantams. If they're going to live in your apartment. Cochin are bantams, and there is Brahma bantams. If you don't want them flying every were get a silkie, as they can't fly very far or high. Bantams love to fly. And yes usually bantams have way smaller poo then started chickens. I'd say hey yourself any kind of bantam. How are you going to house them?

Your going to want bantams. If they're going to live in your apartment. Cochin are bantams, and there is Brahma bantams. If you don't want them flying every were get a silkie, as they can't fly very far or high. Bantams love to fly. And yes usually bantams have way smaller poo then started chickens. I'd say hey yourself any kind of bantam. How are you going to house them?
I plan on getting 2 chickens. I like Silkies but wish they had more of a personality. I like Polish because they're active but exactly how active are they?? I like the Serama's confidence and
So, what do u think about Seramas? Silkies are cool but I like a bird with some spunk.

Cecilia, to be completely honest with u, I'll most likely just get one...and as far as where he'll sleep...most likely in bed with me.
question time number 2- where are you going to source just one chicken lol? ALSO chickens are very social creatures, do you have other birds for company? Also thank you for getting my name right! no one can figure it out :lau

question time number 2- where are you going to source just one chicken lol? ALSO chickens are very social creatures, do you have other birds for company? Also thank you for getting my name right! no one can figure it out :lau
Oh my dear Cecilia, if I give up my sources to u then I'm gonna have to kill u. 😁 Jk. Top secret darling. Hehe. Anyway, what breed do u recommend for me Cecilia??

Back
Top Bottom