silkie sexing

I'm not sure when that get them, but that one definitely has them. I have heard people say that females can get them too sometimes. I'm not sure about the redness in male combs. Mine don't have red at all, or they wouldn't go to show, male or female. I still have things to learn though, so I might be wrong.

Mine actually started crowing very shortly after wattle development.

Here is a back shot and another front shot of the all black comb and waddles. She (hopefully) has had the waddles since 13 weeks old, just smaller. No sign of redness at all. In these photos she is 21 1/2 weeks old. Rooster or Pullet?

I would say pullet. My cockerals crowed before 21 weeks and pullets that aren't bearded, can have waddles, mine do at least. Also it is standing with its tail held like a pullet. I had one silkie that had similar streamer-esque things that I went back and forth nor months on. We ended up finding out it was a pullet for sure when it finally layed at about 6-7 months much later than the rest of my silkie pullets but she also layed the largest egg.

Here is a back shot and another front shot of the all black comb and waddles. She (hopefully) has had the waddles since 13 weeks old, just smaller. No sign of redness at all. In these photos she is 21 1/2 weeks old. Rooster or Pullet?

I'm actually changing my mind and leaning more towards pullet. The first picture appeared to have streamers, but from the back I don't see any. the tail is rounded down like a pullet too. I do not see roosterfish hackle feathers either. It is so hard to tell. You will definitely have to let us know. :)

@chickendreams24 I really hope she is a pullet! She is so friendly and doesn't seem to act like a rooster at all. But I will know for sure once she lays her first egg....or crows.
smile.png

@weegarden I will keep you posted and let you know if I end up with a pullet! It's so hard waiting for their first egg!!

I'd say pullet! She looks like my silkie pullet.

Back
Top Bottom