silkie sexing

Please tell me this is a pullet? I got her from a friend a couple months ago and have no clue how old she is. Also, what color is she considered?

looks like a pullet can you get a better forward facing pic of her comb?

Here's our 6 wk old silkie.
We took a bunch of pics.
Anyone care to guess the gender?

Ok I guess this one doesn't help with gender, but I thought it was an interesting effect.

I have 6, 5 week old white Silkie Bantams. They came from my local TSC, 2 of them are larger overall with bigger feet. A few have larger combs and some have smooth heads (prolly from being poor quality from a hatchery). Here they all are. Anyone have any thoughts at this point? Chick 1 and chick 5 are the largest. Chick 2 and 3 do not have the head poof. Chick 1 has very few leg feathers. Chick 5 dosnt have any leg feathers at all. I would love to know that I have at least 1 pullet or 1 cockerel in the batch. Chick 1 Chick 2 Chick 3 Chick 4 Chick 5 Chick 6
Number 6 is definitely a pullet. Four is also female, but unfortunately the others have several checks in the male box.

Just happy I got at least 1 pullet lol. I plan to do a little trading if I can with people around me to try and get different colors and such so hopefully they will want Roos. Thank you.

I should not be asking yet I know with silkies it is hard but I am scared I have two ROOS but I am going to be so upset I want a splash hen so much. So first picture is iggy and second spash maybe 2 months old

Last edited:
I should not be asking yet I know with silkies it is hard but I am scared I have two ROOS but I am going to be so upset I want a splash hen so much. So first picture is iggy and second spash maybe 2 months old
The pics of the darker one looks like ours. It has a narrow comb, which I'm hoping means female. The ones we gave away looked like your lighter one with a wider comb.

The pics of the darker one looks like ours.  It has a narrow comb, which I'm hoping means female.  The ones we gave away looked like your lighter one with a wider comb.

So oh no you are saying the splash looks like a roo ugg.it is smaller then the black one in size and seems to walk lower then the dark one but the crown has me scared

@spazy67
I honestly don't know. That's why I'm on this thread too. In most chickens taller &/or wider combs = male. Silkies are very diff than most breeds & their black skin doesn't help with no pink comb/wattles to look for.

Back
Top Bottom