silkie sexing

Anyone know how to figure out sexing sizzles? Like about how old u can tell and what signs to watch for, other than crowing or laying eggs? Lol Mine r only 5 weeks old right now, but they are all feathered out, except 3! Those r also the 3 smallest of the group, but same age. Its really confusing!!! Lol

Anyone know how to figure out sexing sizzles? Like about how old u can tell and what signs to watch for, other than crowing or laying eggs? Lol Mine r only 5 weeks old right now, but they are all feathered out, except 3! Those r also the 3 smallest of the group, but same age. Its really confusing!!! Lol

You could try posting a picture. :)

I have 4 5-6 week old silkies I'd like some help sexing. I am 99% sure the gray is a roo, not sure about others. Thinking white #1 is a roo too. Please & thank you :)
Partridge.
White #1

White #2

Gray

White #2

Gray

Partridge

Group

Group 2

Group 3

Gray

this is our 9 week old splash... do you think this is a pullet?

I have 4 5-6 week old silkies I'd like some help sexing. I am 99% sure the gray is a roo, not sure about others. Thinking white #1 is a roo too. Please & thank you :)
Partridge.
White #1

White #2

Gray

White #2

Gray

Partridge

Group

Group 2

Group 3

Gray
White #1 is a rooster and white #2 is a pullet. The others I am leaning more towards roosters but not entirely sure yet.

I have 4 5-6 week old silkies I'd like some help sexing. I am 99% sure the gray is a roo, not sure about others. Thinking white #1 is a roo too. Please & thank you :) Partridge. . White #1 White #2 Gray White #2 Gray Partridge Group Group 2 Group 3 Gray
The white #1 and the gray are both roosters, because of their larger and " raspberry" textured comb. The other chicks look like pullets, if you are still unsure after a few more weeks try posting them again.

Thanks for your help guys. I am thinking the partridge is also a roo, as its comb looks a lot like the gray though not as big. The white has the widest comb!

Back
Top Bottom