silkie sexing

Roo or hens. 1yo someone is laying white eggs but stopped.

I've given up on sexing mine. Luckily (or maybe not lucky), a few of my 6-7 month olds have started crowing so I can rule them out of the pullet running. I do have 2 that are laying and am not quite sure which ones. I did see a rooster mount my (paint?) colored one so I'm guessing a she...same with my partridge...know one is male and one is female due to "action" going on...

I've given up on sexing mine. Luckily (or maybe not lucky), a few of my 6-7 month olds have started crowing so I can rule them out of the pullet running. I do have 2 that are laying and am not quite sure which ones. I did see a rooster mount my (paint?) colored one so I'm guessing a she...same with my partridge...know one is male and one is female due to "action" going on...

It's funny cause my 3 started crowing at 12 weeks. Never crowed since. Glad I know they are boys though lol

Almost a month ago I posted a picture of "Buddy" and I'm not sure if we came to a conclusion or not.........Regardless, "he's" about 5 months old and he just doesn't look quite the same as my other suspected roo.

This "guy" has those crazy streamers.
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom