Silkie thread!

If you are on Facebook, please vote for my silkie "Partridge in a Pear Tree" in a photo contest for my local coffee shop. We can't let a cat beat a silkie! https://apps.facebook.com/offerpop/...0142423390621&p=158291530872600&rest=0&v=View You will need to have apps enabled so that they can ensure that people only vote once, but once you vote there is no reason that you cannot go back and disable them if you prefer. THANK YOU to everyone who has voted so far!

Quote:
Done, and I shared it to my wall as well
smile.png

Quote:
She is a Blue and she wil stay a Blue. (Blue is a Black diluted in 1 doses by the gene Bl/bl+).

I am getting a couple of blue partridge chicks next week. If I breed her to one of them, what would I get?

If pure (homozygous) for there ground-color "unicolor" Blue are E/E Bl/bl+
If pure (homozygous) for there ground-color partridge Blue are eb/eb Bl/bl+
When you cross both you become unpure (heterozygous) for there ground-color E/eb, since "E" is dominant on "eb" these will be on the external (phenotype) "unicolor" => +- 25% Splash, 50% Blue and 25% Black.

Quote:
I am getting a couple of blue partridge chicks next week. If I breed her to one of them, what would I get?

When you cross both you become unpure (heterozygous) for there ground-color E/eb, since "E" is dominant on "eb" these will be on the external (phenotype) "unicolor" => +- 25% Splash, 50% Blue and 25% Black.

The blue parti chicks I'm getting just occasionally show up in the breeders blue and splash pen, about one in a hundred. What if the parti chicks are bred to each other. Also, I am so interested in the eye-line you mentioned to sex partridge. I've never heard of that! Are you speaking of the line by the eye of the partridge chick that was recently posted?

Quote:

The blue parti chicks I'm getting just occasionally show up in the breeders blue and splash pen, about one in a hundred. What if the parti chicks are bred to each other. Also, I am so interested in the eye-line you mentioned to sex partridge. I've never heard of that! Are you speaking of the line by the eye of the partridge chick that was recently posted?

Partridges need to have both alleles of a gene (eb = 1 allel, eb/eb = 2 alleles, so 2 alleles are 1 gene) since "eb" is recessive on "E" you need always both "eb" alleles together to can express on the outside.
If you have only 1 allel "eb" and the other allel is "E" you become the heterozygous gene "E/eb" which express the Dominant allel "E" = Black phenotype (with possible outbreak of gold or Silver, depending on what the chick is based).
Yes exactely, that "eye-line" on that recently posted photo, = female ;-)

So sorry to just barge right in on the thread...I've been away for quite some time.

Suze, Do you happen to remember back in the early summer I posted several pics of a 'blue part' (blue buff) type girl and you tried to help me figure her correct coloration out?? Well anywho...it turns out she was either a true SALMON or had the genetic make-up of such. I know
roll.png
but I had her in with a purebred salmon cockeral for a while and when she started laying a few eggs I incubated em outta pure curiousity. I now have a gorgeous Salmon Cockeral, perfect comb & toes...BUT he has regular feathering and thinner than average foot feathers. Either way he was such an interesting "Oddball" I kept him for a ""possible"" small project. I think it would be neat to see how they mature & learn from these colors. Is a Partg. basically the same, or carry same coloration factors...Sorry to pick your brain with stupid questions, just trying to understand. Would you mind (sometime) helping me figure out the genetics part of this?
hide.gif

<---
fl.gif
Thank you so much. Here she is...(again, just in case
wink.png

39809_007_2.jpg
39809_lb3.jpg

Misty

Back
Top Bottom