Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know, but I'm thinking over 80 degrees might be too hot. Maybe someone who ships all the time will chime in. [​IMG]

2. marlo1968

marlo1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Lorenzo, TX
    i'm not familiar with all the breed abbreviations yet, what is BBS? thanks

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

black/blue/splash :)

4. GoldBarRanch

GoldBarRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    She still had the one white baby this morning. I decided to pull it from her and add it to the nursery and put Cinnabun back with her Roo. She wasnt happy and I dont blame her.Plus seems one chick was missing from the group and I found momma had dug a hole and it must have crawled out . no sign of it anywhere and I dought it made it because it was only a week old. .
    [​IMG]

5. ChickensXOXO

ChickensXOXO Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    Here's a Silver Partridge I hatched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CamiLynn

CamiLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    Just wanted to share my silkie babies with everyone, since bragging to my friends I get the strangest looks like I'm the crazy chciken lady. [​IMG] Anyways, I got my first silkie about 3 or 4 weeks ago and this past weekend got 2 more, a black and a buff. I know my white silkie is a non-bearded one, but can anyone tell me from my pics what the news one might be...they are only a few days old. Anyways, here are my silkie babies with a couple polish friends. [​IMG]

Cotton Ball getting a drink (white about 3 or 4 week old)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. GoldBarRanch

Apr 21, 2012
    I have non bearded silkies, And I was wondering what bearded babies looked like. Mine almost always have a vaulted skull. here are some of my non bearded chicks [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I did a closer look at my silkie rooster (white one) and I'm going to sell him and four culled out ladies and four laying hens...

9. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, my seller told me that my chick is a 'Blue Partridge' that she's been working on. She said she threw in two eggs for fun in my order. I had no idea, it was a total surprise! LOL But at least now I know what I have! Not a Silver. [​IMG] I hope it's a girl!! [​IMG]

Yes, THIS looks silver!! Mine is definitely not silver! That chick is gorgeous!

GoldBarRanch, sorry about all the chick losses! Wow, you have some heat going on there already!! That in insane! We're at 87 right now and I thought that was warm enough for me!

CamiLynn, welcome to the madness. You are not alone! [​IMG]BTW, those chicks are super cute! I can't tell what your black is-- not enough light to see. I'm not seeing your Buff??? Are you talking about the little red chick, maybe?

10. GoldBarRanch

Apr 21, 2012
    I feel so bad for all my farm babies when the weather gets like this . 110 in the shade today [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by