Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop
    Hatch Update!

As of last night I have 3 hatched out, 2 more pipped. Hoping for more pipping and zipping today! Had 10 eggs total go into lockdown so here is hoping and praying for all the babies to hatch. [​IMG]

Have a wonderful day y'all! I am off to work!
    Kim

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Thought I'd share this picture with you guys.. [​IMG] Had ten silkies hatch from my own flock 2 1/2 weeks ago. This is when they were a few days old. They are all so cute.. I am in love :love [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Gotta love the expression from the middle chick :gig

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    How adorable!!!! My incubator will be here this week and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

4. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    OK really... No one needs a roo?? UGH!!!![​IMG]

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I was so thrilled! These are my first chicks that I've hatched myself. Every single one of my silkie eggs made it to lockdown and hatched. I was very pleased!

6. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Can you believe that some of this actually made sense to me?? [​IMG]

7. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

These are great pictures of your precious chicks!!

8. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

If you figure out a good way to get rid of him, let me know! I'll be getting rid of several cockerels come Fall! LOL!

9. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    [​IMG]
    This is a 4 week old buff baby hatched under a new broody.

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Hey y'all. I am really struggling with coop set-up here. We have one coop that we built, and one that we are using a kennel for (the house should be here tomorrow and we are going to cover it to make it more secure). You can see them both here:

[​IMG]

The coop is 10x6 and the kennel is 10x10. There is sand in the bottom of the coop which I am hating because it has been so wet here and the sand sticks to EVERYTHING!

My one rooster has to be separated from the other boys, so he is in the 10x10 and as soon as I get it secure, he will be in there full time with 3 or 4 girls. Right now my other boys (4 roosters, 3 of which are for sale) and my two girls are in the coop, but free-range as much as possible.

I have a bunch of chicks that are getting big and I need somewhere for them to go. Right now they are in the brooder or dog crates at night and in two of these 4x4 "playpens" during the day:

[​IMG]

The chicks range in age from about 4-10 weeks.

Wondering if anyone had any suggestions or advice about any of the above? Can you tell me what your set-up is like? Any photos you can share? Do you use x-pens?

TIA!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by