Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Ahaha Yep - Put me back under my heat lamp right this instant!

2. marquisella

marquisella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    This is what my "white" pullet is turning into...she is getting more "red" as she ages. Thanks for the answers....
    So, should I just cull, or is she breedable with something? I only have white, buff, bbs & partridge.

3. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    There is NO red in the comb...

4. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

That's a plus but those waddles are quite big for 4 mths. so don't get your hopes up. :)

5. 3ChickensinNC

3ChickensinNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    on the coast
    Funny thing is we just moved from NC. I think it is probably too hot to ship there now, right? I mean, I would be willing to give it a shot if the temps were good.

That is so weird. Where in NC were you located? The weather is has been strange it was like 80+ in March and then early this month in the 70's. It looks like the rest of the week is mid 80's [​IMG]. Does not look like a break untill the first of the month. Last week and until today it was in the mid 70's. Figures my luck. If things change maybe I can contact you via pm and see if he is still available. I really dont know what a good temp is but when I walk out I am hot.

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    We were in Charlotte.

Sure, keep an eye on the 10 days and lets see what happens.

7. littlecritters

littlecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    New York
    Thank you for the patience in explaining the color genetics. The painted wall example along with the following was very helpful.

8. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Really looks like a boy to me. That comb is kind of big for his age. But hey, maybe "she" will grow into it?? I don't know. Hopefully I'm wrong, but my bet would be a rooster. If he is 4 months already, you'll know soon enough, mine start crowing around 4-5 months.

9. bantamgirl

bantamgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Love the white hen leaking red. Absolutely gorgeous.

10. bantamgirl

bantamgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Thanks all tried to post a picture of the little baby, and maby even a couple of the one that died.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by