Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. littlecritters

littlecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    New York
    So, it is possible that the blue silkie below may turn out to be regular blue or even a blue partiridge? She has a bit of brown on the left side of her head.[​IMG]

2. littlecritters

littlecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    New York
    And thanks for all the nice comments on our photos. It was quite the challenge to get them to stay put!

3. 3ChickensinNC

3ChickensinNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    on the coast
    okay
    What is a safe temperature to ship an adult bird? And if I see it makes that mark I will contact you to see if you still have him. I don't think it would take 3 days but more like two?

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I have on that looks a lot like that one, too!!

5. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I would hope two. I will check around on the temps unless someone here can tell me?

6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Anyone??

7. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry, I had to read that again to see what you were asking. I was just looking at the set up. I use a dog kennel too. But it's temporary until we put in a nice run this summer. Here is my dog kennel:
    [​IMG]

Then I have this for right now for my silkies-- and I just built this and showed this a few pages back... (their pen is going to be built this summer)
    [​IMG]

The layer coop-- that's the yellow one. It does not have a top on it right now. The plan is to remove the dog kennel and build a more secure pen with a top on it and I'm going to partially roof it, too. But I'm not in a big hurry as this is working out pretty good for the time being. However, I am going to make it extra long and divide it so on the other side will be my silkies. I'm still not really sure what your question was! Were you asking about x-pens? I know people use those for their chicks. It looks like you have a fine set up that is working. If that didn't answer it, I guess get really specific with what you were wanting and I'll try again! LOL [​IMG]

8. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Here is one of my young boys. I am just starting to see some streamers starting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Well, that would make two of us, lol!!

It really isn't working, that is the thing. I feel like I need at least one more coop, if not more. I have two roos that have to be separate and I need somewhere for my grow outs. I am acutally considering a shed that I could divide up in to several runs, although that won't solve the outside issue. And I love your under the deck coop. We are renting, or I would SO do that!

What do you have in the run of your coop? I have sand and I just hate it! It sticks to everything!

Also, how big are your runs for how many birds?

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Sorry double post....

Last edited: May 23, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by