Silkie thread!

Oh thank you so much! I was reading about the R-Com 20 Pro and thought it was fantastic until I saw the price. The Octagon Eco 20 is a much more reasonable way for us to see if we have success and will enjoy hatching. Plus....I love discounts and coupons!
smile.png
The savings will help pay for a batch of eggs.
Yeah, I looked into getting an R-com, too! I have heard nothing but fantastic reviews about them. BUT the price is prohibitive. No matter, I've found my Brinsea to be a really great machine. I know a lot of people use them, I even have a friend who lives close to me who uses the same exact one I bought, (but she later bought the turner a few months later-- so you can always add that later if you want) and we like to compare every now and then how the machines are running. She has a Genesis 1588 for hatching-- but she says it is terrible at holding humidity, so it can shrink wrap babies easily. I'd thought about buying the Genesis, but after her experience with it, I won't. I would like to get another machine just for hatching, but I'll probably just buy another Brinsea, since I can't imagine how it could go wrong.

HI all... I have a crappy pic, but I was hoping that someone may be able to tell me what the color would be for this one.. the grey/blue one in the front. It was supposed to be a splash... Um.. don't think i am sure it is... It looked it when I got it at 2 weeks, but not now...

Ordinarily, I would suggest you stay off of Ebay for buying eggs, but I had great luck with my one and only set of eggs! Read this to say, I got lucky!! Go to the Silkie Club website and join, and find breeders in your area. Keep in mind, it is much safer to buy chicks or even eggs when you get to see the parent birds, and can meet the breeder! Here is the link to the Silkie Club:
http://www.americansilkiebantamclub.org/standard.asp

Back
Top Bottom