Silkie thread!

Does anyone know of silkie breeders in San Jose area in CA? And also, what are your experiences with buying eggs off of eBay?
It depends on who you are buying from off of ebay. When I bought silkie eggs off of ebay I made sure the seller had positive feedback and that some of the feedback said that people had hatched chicks out from their eggs. Just to make sure they are selling fertile eggs, sometimes they will sell them as fertile when they don't even own a rooster and blame your terrible hatch on shipping. The first time I bought hatching eggs I didn't make sure people had hatched from their eggs and ended up having zero eggs hatch (spent a good amount of money on them too).Ever since then I have made sure that people have hatched chicks from their eggs by looking at the sellers feedback.Since my first hatch I have had good hatches with shipped eggs. Also, if your looking for quality chicks you have to know to look for good silkies in the seller's pictures. Sometimes they will sell their eggs saying they're coming from quality silkies when they really are not.

Also, if your looking for quality chicks you have to know to look for good silkies in the seller's pictures. Sometimes they will sell their eggs saying they're coming from quality silkies when they really are not.

x2

I was looking today and I was shocked at how some of these "quality" birds looked!! Certainly not what I want for my program! Look here in the BST forum, too. There are a lot of excellent breeder who sell their eggs here.

HI all... I have a crappy pic, but I was hoping that someone may be able to tell me what the color would be for this one.. the grey/blue one in the front. It was supposed to be a splash... Um.. don't think i am sure it is... It looked it when I got it at 2 weeks, but not now...

From what I can see, it looks like she might be a silver partridge. Can you post a close up of her? We should be better able to tell what color she is.

Quote:
As one currently dealing with two rescued severely shrink-wrapped lavender Ameraucana chicks, I'm going to avoid the hovabator in future and just stick with the Brinsea. I also have the humidity pump with mine. It does a spectacular job of holding humidity. My only complaint with the Brinsea is the lack of headroom for the chicks but a lack of headroom is MUCH better than the shrinked up mess I dealt with earlier this week.
hmm.png
(The R-Com 20 Pro is comparable to the Brinsea WITH all the extras, I believe. Doesn't the R-Com also control humidity? So price wise, they are about on par. I am a BIG fan of precisely controlled humidity .... <sigh>)

Back
Top Bottom