Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Fancy Feathers

Fancy Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    I haven't bought Silkie eggs from eBay but I've bought other breeds and I've been very pleased with them.

2. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    It depends on who you are buying from off of ebay. When I bought silkie eggs off of ebay I made sure the seller had positive feedback and that some of the feedback said that people had hatched chicks out from their eggs. Just to make sure they are selling fertile eggs, sometimes they will sell them as fertile when they don't even own a rooster and blame your terrible hatch on shipping. The first time I bought hatching eggs I didn't make sure people had hatched from their eggs and ended up having zero eggs hatch (spent a good amount of money on them too).Ever since then I have made sure that people have hatched chicks from their eggs by looking at the sellers feedback.Since my first hatch I have had good hatches with shipped eggs. Also, if your looking for quality chicks you have to know to look for good silkies in the seller's pictures. Sometimes they will sell their eggs saying they're coming from quality silkies when they really are not.

3. BackyardBreeder

BackyardBreeder Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2012
    All of the sellers I am looking at have about a 85% fertility rate from the feedback that they get.

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    x2

I was looking today and I was shocked at how some of these "quality" birds looked!! Certainly not what I want for my program! Look here in the BST forum, too. There are a lot of excellent breeder who sell their eggs here.

5. BackyardBreeder

BackyardBreeder Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2012

6. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    From what I can see, it looks like she might be a silver partridge. Can you post a close up of her? We should be better able to tell what color she is.

7. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    what colors are you looking for. We may be able to help.

9. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    She is just so very Precious [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]A little chicklet love goes a long way [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I love your new avitar too [​IMG][​IMG]

10. TheChicknGarden

TheChicknGarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    san antonio, texas

Aww thanks melissa! We named the polish babies creme & brulee :D and they are so silly cant wait to see how they fill out ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by