Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Chicken Play

Chicken Play Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2012
    Gainesville Georgia
    can you tell me the color of the blue silkie with the gold across the body in your picture? I have a rooster that color and someone told me he isnt a true blue with the gold? I am not very knowledgeable about the different colors

2. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
  3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi! If you are talking about my blue one it doesn't have gold that is just the flash camera making it warm. You should post a photo of you silkie as soon as you get enough posts and you can get some good feed back. Welcome to the silkie thread!

4. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA

5. SilverSilkie

SilverSilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

The different classic-colorations handling over the years in EU Silkies (now going for non classic-colorations)
    [​IMG]
    Black Blue Splash graypearl gold Silver Red Buff Cucula Paint white

The different ways to breed them genetically are exposed here in one of my older webpages :
    http://sites.google.com/site/zijdehoenders/t&dcreating/basics-about-chicken-color-genetics-heritage
    (is one long page, so you have to scroll dawnwords)

As the title says it are only the basic rules of color-genetics but are helpfull for every starter project-breeder.

After the basics comes in each breeder feeling for inspiration and "fingerspitzengefühl" for implementation of different genes and combinations to let act and interact in Dominant, incomplete Dominant, coo-Dominant, epistatic, recessive ….. ways to become the most beautiful "creations" in his/her personal favourite race and so resulting in ALL the different phenotypes that our chicken-colorations are rich of.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    [​IMG]Very interesting read! Thank you for sharing [​IMG]

7. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

I've read that site before! I had NO idea it was yours!

8. SilverSilkie

SilverSilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

eh si, I have some more hidden sides ;-)
    This is the homepage : http://sites.google.com/site/zijdehoenders/
    from there you can explore some more, every "word" or "*" (underligned) you can click on and will lead you to an other "hidden" page.

9. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL

10. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    I forgot the pic....[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by