Silkie thread!

can you tell me the color of the blue silkie with the gold across the body in your picture? I have a rooster that color and someone told me he isnt a true blue with the gold? I am not very knowledgeable about the different colors

I might just have to give this a try.
big_smile.png

can you tell me the color of the blue silkie with the gold across the body in your picture? I have a rooster that color and someone told me he isnt a true blue with the gold? I am not very knowledgeable about the different colors
Hi! If you are talking about my blue one it doesn't have gold that is just the flash camera making it warm. You should post a photo of you silkie as soon as you get enough posts and you can get some good feed back. Welcome to the silkie thread!

The different classic-colorations handling over the years in EU Silkies (now going for non classic-colorations)

Black Blue Splash graypearl gold Silver Red Buff Cucula Paint white

The different ways to breed them genetically are exposed here in one of my older webpages :
http://sites.google.com/site/zijdehoenders/t&dcreating/basics-about-chicken-color-genetics-heritage
(is one long page, so you have to scroll dawnwords)

As the title says it are only the basic rules of color-genetics but are helpfull for every starter project-breeder.

After the basics comes in each breeder feeling for inspiration and "fingerspitzengefühl" for implementation of different genes and combinations to let act and interact in Dominant, incomplete Dominant, coo-Dominant, epistatic, recessive ….. ways to become the most beautiful "creations" in his/her personal favourite race and so resulting in ALL the different phenotypes that our chicken-colorations are rich of.

Last edited:
The different classic-colorations handling over the years in EU Silkies (now going for non classic-colorations)

Black Blue Splash graypearl gold Silver Red Buff Cucula Paint white

The different ways to breed them genetically are exposed here in one of my older webpages :
http://sites.google.com/site/zijdehoenders/t&dcreating/basics-about-chicken-color-genetics-heritage
(is one long page, so you have to scroll dawnwords)

As the title says it are only the basic rules of color-genetics but are helpfull for every starter project-breeder.

After the basics comes in each breeder feeling for inspiration and "fingerspitzengefühl" for implementation of different genes and combinations to let act and interact in Dominant, incomplete Dominant, coo-Dominant, epistatic, recessive ….. ways to become the most beautiful "creations" in his/her personal favourite race and so resulting in ALL the different phenotypes that our chicken-colorations are rich of.

I've read that site before! I had NO idea it was yours!

Quote: After I posted this yesterday, I was able to go outside after my daughter came to get her babies.....My 'Fred" had gotten wet in the storm we had. His feathers were sort of parted, and the under color is not just a greyish, it is pure bright white! I couldn't tell till now, I thought he was just lighter grey underneath.
idunno.gif
At what age do silkies typically molt? Fred is about 5 months old or so. Maybe those white feathers will be lost during molting(?) and he will end up darker underneath and his true color will reveal itself?????
pop.gif
I so know nothing....LOL

Back
Top Bottom