Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

You have some really beautiful blacks!! Love that sheen on your handsome roo!!

2. peepblessed

Looks pretty girlie! Adorable either way!

3. peepblessed

What a gorgeous fluff ball!!

4. WindyRidgeChick

WindyRidgeChick Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2012
    Your silkies are so cute! I just got 5 buff silkie chicks 2 weeks ago.

5. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Thanks Peepsblessed! I LOVE that roo! He is 2 years old and no leakage at all! He has to have his crest trimmed so he can see the girls, but he has a lovely crest too (if I let it grow lol).

Cute whites everyone! I would love to add whites someday but am focusing on my blacks, lavenders, and black splits for now. :)

6. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    They are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! After seeing these pics, I am now positive that my silkie roo is not "black".....now, if I could just figure out the difference btwn blue and grey....[​IMG]

7. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL

8. peepblessed

What a great combo to focus on! I am doing BBS and just starting with lavender and "porcelain". So much fun I can't hardly stand it!! [​IMG] (This is the crazy chicken lady!) I also have some long term plans with partridge.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  9. TheChicknGarden

TheChicknGarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    I seriously need to stop reading this thread... Makes me want more:/ ooo sooo many pretty silkies :lol:ooo so many....

10. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    I just had my broodies hatch out some silkie chicks - 5 of them do not have vaulted heads, but 1 did. These are obviously pet quality silkies - but I'm sure my kids will think they're great.

My question is about the 5 without the vaulted crest - do they have the same vulnerability to being pecked on the head that the vaulted crest silky has?

Thanks!
    Bobbie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by