Silkie thread!

I was going to say the same thing. I kept mine at 50% during incubation and bumped it up to 70ish for the hatch. That said, I only had half of mine hatch so far. I am giving them one more day. Here are the 7 I did get. 3 home grown (two far left and the buff) and 4 Catdance (in the center).

OH yes! I did forget to mention that, I incubated right around 40-50% humidity--no higher than 50%. Even if it dropped to 30% I just left it be until I my RH read 0 (it wasn't really 0-- it just wouldn't read under 20%). Once I was under 20%, then I would fill my channel again to get back to around 40-50 and then let it drop. BUT-- during lockdown, then I bumped it up as high as I could, right around 70%-- sometimes even managing to get it up around 74%-- those were my BEST hatches! They just pop right out and fluff up.

So many so many pretty pictures... All soo lovely... Been meaning to post pictures of my shwgirls who are now 3wks and my pastires who just turned 4 months but been busy working in the garden adding bamboo fencing, and hanging wildlife netting to try to keep some of the wild birds away from my girls... We lost one of our polish (which im thinking due to lice) not 100percent sure, she was and still is the only one who had lice.... When i noticed her ill... Cleaned her separated and treated everyone, cleaned out all the coops.... She seemed to perk up .... But after doing good for two days she just went slowly down hill... :( still sad over it all... Everyone else seems to be doing great and no signs of bugs, but i worry the wild birds will bring more bugs if i dont try to do something to keep them out...

Any ways just wanted to say hi... And try to catch up on this very active thread :)

Quote:
X 10 !!!!
jumpy.gif

Congratulations!!!!

So many so many pretty pictures... All soo lovely... Been meaning to post pictures of my shwgirls who are now 3wks and my pastires who just turned 4 months but been busy working in the garden adding bamboo fencing, and hanging wildlife netting to try to keep some of the wild birds away from my girls... We lost one of our polish (which im thinking due to lice) not 100percent sure, she was and still is the only one who had lice.... When i noticed her ill... Cleaned her separated and treated everyone, cleaned out all the coops.... She seemed to perk up .... But after doing good for two days she just went slowly down hill...
sad.png
still sad over it all... Everyone else seems to be doing great and no signs of bugs, but i worry the wild birds will bring more bugs if i dont try to do something to keep them out...
Any ways just wanted to say hi... And try to catch up on this very active thread
smile.png
So sorry you lost your girl.
hugs.gif
Glad to have you back on the thread and looking forward to the showgirls!

Back
Top Bottom