Silkie thread!

I have a three month old silkie that's looking like a girl (I'll post a picture tomorrow). My question is, how much more will she feather out? The poof on her head (crown?) is a decent sized fro but it doesn't cover her eyes. Could it possibly continue to grow till it covers the side of her face like the hen in the picture above. Beautiful chicken by the way.
big_smile.png

Thanks. As for yours it depends on breeding/genetics. How old is she? I have some with bigger crests than others, they vary. Good luck with her.

I have a three month old silkie that's looking like a girl (I'll post a picture tomorrow). My question is, how much more will she feather out? The poof on her head (crown?) is a decent sized fro but it doesn't cover her eyes. Could it possibly continue to grow till it covers the side of her face like the hen in the picture above. Beautiful chicken by the way.
big_smile.png
I usually know at three months if they are going to have a large crest but feel "her" crest and see if she has many pin feathers (long thin sticks that will turn into more feathers).

I have unamed silkies, but the ones I have named are called Cottonball/swab (depends on her attitude) and Princess (meanest broody mom her I've ever owned).

Last edited:
OHHHH a basket full of silkies. How cute!!!!
fl.gif
on the others to hatch.
I was going to say the same thing. I kept mine at 50% during incubation and bumped it up to 70ish for the hatch. That said, I only had half of mine hatch so far. I am giving them one more day. Here are the 7 I did get. 3 home grown (two far left and the buff) and 4 Catdance (in the center).

Back
Top Bottom