Silkie thread!

I have at least five Catdance babies in my hatcher already - and day 21 is tomorrow!
Bless those little eggs!
My splash girl isn't broody anymore (it took her over a month), she started laying again. I cracked her egg this morning and it is fertile
wee.gif
. So now I would like to collect her eggs and incubate them as soon as possible to see if my roo is a black or a dark blue. Should I collect them and set them up in my egg turner in my kitchen counter (around 70F) or set them up in the egg turner outside (temperature varies from 38F at night to 75F during the day)?
I don't use an egg turner. I just put them in a carton and hand shift them once a day. 70F is warmer than recommended but in the summer that's what mine have to store at. You could keep them in a ice chest out side where no sun will warm it for a better temperature. I only have a couple laying right now. They just don't like the weather I guess. :)
how many chickens is toooooo many
Golden question right there.

I have 1 & 1/2 acres?
Are they going to be free ranging all the time?
If not, it really depends on the size of the pen(s), not the size of your land.
Good answer. :)
How many is too many?

More than you have the space, time, energy & money to care for.
Another good answer!
mathmatically .... you need at least 4 square feet per chicken and you have 65521 square feet in 1 1/2 acres that means for the chicken lover you can only have 16380 chickens until you start building a second story.
lau.gif
Best answer! Haha!
yuckyuck.gif

oh the silkies are so cute, and their momma is a good looker.My silkies are on back order
barnie.gif
they were supposed to come the 13 feb and i still have 24 from the jan 30 featherleg hatch.but i am going to get some CHICKES at the feed supplie stores...
jumpy.gif
I HAVE A ? how many chickens is toooooo many I have 1 & 1/2 acres?

Quote:
Hahaha, I was going to go the Mathematically route too.

mathmatically .... you need at least 4 square feet per chicken and you have 65521 square feet in 1 1/2 acres that means for the chicken lover you can only have 16380 chickens until you start building a second story.:lau

OMG! That is hysterical! I too have 1.5 acres, I have a lot more chickens to get! LOL :lau

I will- but you'll need to "block Mafia Wars", or you'll go insane. I'm hiding from a pest at the moment- but will do so when I get back on. Always good to have chicken peeps. Mafia friends are not impressed by my millions of chicken pics and post!
Pam
Pamela Smith Pittman on FB

hugs.gif
My FB friends I think have lost interest as well..I've noticed my likes dwindle if I post more than one per day. The people that actually do like my pictures are the few 'chicken friends' that I have. And the people who aren't comment things like 'what is that? Is that a dog? Can you eat it?"
roll.png

mathmatically .... you need at least 4 square feet per chicken and you have 65521 square feet in 1 1/2 acres that means for the chicken lover you can only have 16380 chickens until you start building a second story.
lau.gif
This is wonderful news! this means, on our property..we can have 479,160 chickens!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom