Silkie thread!

I am needing some advice! I have a three week old silkie that I have been treating for wry neck. I searched the threads for treatment and have been doing the vitamins (poly, E and B), electrolites, selenium. It responded positively, and after a couple of dasy, one with it holding its head up all day except for a couple of relapses where I had to help, I put it back with the others. I continued to administer all the stuff - but honestly, I feel like more gets on me that in the beak!

Today (day 4) it seems to be having a rough day again, so I have once again removed it from the others and continue to monitor and feed the treatment. It chirps like crazy as it is so much happier with its friends, but I think the stress is not helping. I hold it all the time - but I do have to do things like feed the family
hmm.png

Any advice on how long to keep it alone, or is it better to keep it in the brooder with everyone else? What has been your experience in how long this will take? Thanks so much!

I am needing some advice! I have a three week old silkie that I have been treating for wry neck. I searched the threads for treatment and have been doing the vitamins (poly, E and B), electrolites, selenium. It responded positively, and after a couple of dasy, one with it holding its head up all day except for a couple of relapses where I had to help, I put it back with the others. I continued to administer all the stuff - but honestly, I feel like more gets on me that in the beak!

Today (day 4) it seems to be having a rough day again, so I have once again removed it from the others and continue to monitor and feed the treatment. It chirps like crazy as it is so much happier with its friends, but I think the stress is not helping. I hold it all the time - but I do have to do things like feed the family
hmm.png

Any advice on how long to keep it alone, or is it better to keep it in the brooder with everyone else? What has been your experience in how long this will take? Thanks so much!
it can take up to a week to kick in and after that still take another few weeks to completely recover. Make sure the poly-vi-sol also has NO iron. I treated a severe case with only poly-vi-sol, 2-3 drops 4 times a day.

I have this white pullet: She lays eggs that have raspberry tinted spots:

Out of 14 eggs, these six were not fertile and the other eight are developing nicely. Why would there be such a high infertility rate? I've had fertility issues in the past which I suspect were caused by too much fluff, but in that case no eggs were fertile until I trimmed the birds.
Maybe your roo has favorites or unfavorites as the case maybe. Beautiful pic by the way.

it can take up to a week to kick in and after that still take another few weeks to completely recover. Make sure the poly-vi-sol also has NO iron. I treated a severe case with only poly-vi-sol, 2-3 drops 4 times a day.

Thanks, the timeline is so helpful! Yes, no iron!! That is what I am using! I think I will give less more often....like you have done - I was doing poly 3x a day. Do you keep yours with the hatchmates during treatment? I have it in a "playpen" in the grass today (completely covered) with a couple of others. It seems so much happier than when it is alone.

Thanks, the timeline is so helpful! Yes, no iron!! That is what I am using! I think I will give less more often....like you have done - I was doing poly 3x a day. Do you keep yours with the hatchmates during treatment? I have it in a "playpen" in the grass today (completely covered) with a couple of others. It seems so much happier than when it is alone.
This chick was the only one so I didn't have that issue. But I would seperate it in it's own thing so it doesn't get hurt.

need some help. So I think the reason nori can't lay is because she is prolapsed =( i soaked her again and tried to work it and she was just prolapsing, no egg. I put some nupercainal on, it's like preperation H but better. I have heard before that any sort of "caine" is toxic to chickens
sad.png
But what choice do i have... I can't bring her to the vet again. Poor thing, I hope she makes it. She's been such a trooper. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

need some help. So I think the reason nori can't lay is because she is prolapsed =( i soaked her again and tried to work it and she was just prolapsing, no egg. I put some nupercainal on, it's like preperation H but better. I have heard before that any sort of "caine" is toxic to chickens
sad.png
But what choice do i have... I can't bring her to the vet again. Poor thing, I hope she makes it. She's been such a trooper. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
So sorry! Praying she gets better!

sad.png

This link may help. I think you are doing most all of this already, but it has a link about bandaging or diapering if the vent will not stay in place, Maybe this will help. Good Luck!

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/04/prolapse-vent-causes-treatment-graphic.html

Back
Top Bottom