Silkie thread!

I need opinions. If I have to chose between these two lavender boys which should I keep? They are 7 months old. Kinda heavy on pics and I'll list pros and cons on top of each set. I'm new at breeding so I don't have experience on what is easier to breed out such as comb color and toes.

Boy 1= dark smaller comb, cleaner color with some soft barring, missing a toe on one foot.

Boy 2 has larger mulberry comb and more dark gray on his saddle and hackle area. correct toes

Here they are together. boy 1 in back, boy 2 on the right

many of you may know how long I've waited for fertile eggs! We have our first baby!!!!!!!! Mom is a splash, dad is a black :) Pretty sure anyways.
Cute!

Hahaha! So amazing!!
That egg finally hatched also! lol

I need opinions. If I have to chose between these two lavender boys which should I keep? They are 7 months old. Kinda heavy on pics and I'll list pros and cons on top of each set. I'm new at breeding so I don't have experience on what is easier to breed out such as comb color and toes.

Boy 1= dark smaller comb, cleaner color with some soft barring, missing a toe on one foot.

Boy 2 has larger mulberry comb and more dark gray on his saddle and hackle area. correct toes

Here they are together. boy 1 in back, boy 2 on the right

Looking at the last picture, I like boy #1 much better, but if he's missing a toe, I'd keep boy #2. Was #1 born with a missing toe or did he lose it for whatever reason?

Hahaha! So amazing!!
Cute photo!!O
Of course we can't see every problem in these photos, but I love this hen. The roo is very decent for his age. I think the pair could easily be worth $150, but so much depends on your location and weather or not you are willing to ship.
Thanks for the great chart!!
Awesome! If this chick turns out to be splash, you will know your black is really blue. :D
Or... it could be any of these possibilities. I have a splash pullet and a blue hen. I have a splash rooster and a black rooster. I thought it was the splash pullet who laid this.. and I've only ever seen the black roo do anything. the other one is too low on the totem pole. if this is a splash, what would the parents be?

what are the possibly color choices for a splash hen and a black roo?

What a cutie! Are its feet and legs ok?
My friend hatched it out for me because she needed her incubator back. I asked her the same thing and she said it is just trying to learn how to stand. We'll see I guess! Hopefully it is ok, it took a long time to get out of the egg. well over 24 hours, about 30. I honestly didn't think it was going to make it.

Cute!

Looking at the last picture, I like boy #1 much better, but if he's missing a toe, I'd keep boy #2. Was #1 born with a missing toe or did he lose it for whatever reason?
I like boy 1 also but he was born with a missing toe. I'm not sure if that is hereditary or not so I'm torn.

Cute!

I like boy 1 also. I would test breed him and see if his chicks have feet issues. If they do I would not keep him.

one of my polish hatched like that-he scooted on his butt for a day and then was perfect. think it is from being scrunched up in the egg
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom