Silkie thread!

It's 8:30 pm, I'm sitting outside watching my silkies and a da.... Hawk/bird just took off with a chick and me right there. WHAT the .....? I'm so angry! I took off running after it but I'm no match for a bird in the air. Poor Silkie;( All I can hope is maybe the bird dropped it. This is my first casualty of this kind. Everybody else ran too the coop, huddled in a corner, and very quiet.

Quote:
Super cute what color is it from? Blue?

yes it is blue

CarolinaChickenKeeper sorry to hear about that. all of our crested birds are under netting. you can get a 15' x 45' roll at home depo for $19
hugs.gif

anti bird netting, it is to keep them out of your fruit trees it is in a roll in the garden section. I attach it with cable ties. I have it over the silkie, polish, and serama pens. I also hang strips of shinny material and old cds from the netting to discourage the birds. I really don't want to have to remove a hawk from the net.

here is a picture of my new silkie i have one that is 8 weeks old outside will have to take a picture of her and post a picture of her later but i do have one of her as a baby

these 3 are a week old

60848_dsc00086.jpg

60848_dsc00083.jpg

60848_dsc00081.jpg

here is a picture of my silkie that is 8 weeks old now as a baby

60848_100_7228.jpg

60848_100_7227.jpg

60848_100_7222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom