Silkie thread!

Wow the spots are coming in like crazy on these babies! And one has light markings around eyes? Interesting!

Very cute. Had to look twice, thought they had green spots. :)

does anyone know where I can buy sexed silkies?????????????? ive been looking everywhere cant find any:he :fl
I don't know if there is any place that sexes silkies. It is very hard on reg chicks to vent sex and with the small body of the silkies it's hard to do without killing them. Some very good experienced folks might get away with it. But hatcheries that have to turn them out by the hundreds are not going to fool with it. But let us know if you find some!

does anyone know where I can buy sexed silkies?????????????? ive been looking everywhere cant find any
he.gif
fl.gif
Vent-sexing bantams is not safe.

There is a lab test process that costs around $25 each chick and it takes about 4 weeks to get the results. To save money and not have to wait 4 weeks for results before picking up your chickens at a breeder, just wait to get older juveniles where the sexes are more easily recognizable.

We got a Silkie female at around 3-4 months old and she was just as personable as if we raised her from a chick. She was from a private breeder. Waiting to get your juvenile Silkies from a breeder guarantees you get the sex you want yet still young enough to tame/socialize.

Back
Top Bottom