Silkie thread!

This is a pic of him wat do y'all think of him n wat is a good price to pay for him he's not mine I thinking of buying him just wanna knw wat is a good price to pay for him there asking 50 for him

If i were you i would look on Craigs list...You can find free Roosters on there.... The silkie Rooster you are thinking of buying is not worth 50 dollars....he doesn't even look like a pure silkie. Where do you live? I'm sure there is someone out there who will hook you up for a better price...or free :)

Had to look where that is...you're down by New Orleans... i'm way up here in Oregon... too bad..i hatched out 7 silkies(they are one month old) and i'm sure i will have some boys....they are all bearded, show quality chicks.... which i'll have to re-home. I have two roosters already. Good luck... try doing a shout out to your state on this backyard chicken form....
thumbsup.gif

Is there any one in Oklahoma or by Oklahoma that can sell Silkies or Cochins to me? I bought some chicks but none of them lived. they had different reasons like some overheated (I got them in the summer.) and I don't know why some of the others died. But anyway if you could sell some It would be very appreciated just PM me, thnx!
D.gif
highfive.gif

Is there any one in Oklahoma or by Oklahoma that can sell Silkies or Cochins to me? I bought some chicks but none of them lived. they had different reasons like some overheated (I got them in the summer.) and I don't know why some of the others died. But anyway if you could sell some It would be very appreciated just PM me, thnx!
D.gif
highfive.gif
I would like to be PM'd about this also, thanks!
Sorry for stealing your question
tongue2.gif

You ladies should look for a hatchery or search local classifieds. I'm a state over so it would be quiet a drive for me to sell some to ya'll. I know Ideal is probably sold out of silkies for the year but will have more next year and are just a state over.

Can you guys tell me what I am looking at on my 5 developing eggs? It's day 10 and they seem to be doing well and are moving around. But the air sacks look really funny to me. I figure it's to be expected in shipping eggs to look this way, but is it going to be a problem at hatch?? I was going to give these to my broody to hatch but now I am reconsidering because I have no idea how these would do laying on their sides trying to hatch. What do you think? I was told it might be safer putting them in a carton with the sides cut down low and then leaning on there sides. That it may help avoid drowning. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. Also does the size of the air cell look ok or are they too large for 10 days? I took back the one I gave my broody a few days ago and compared them. I noticed its air cell was also going down very low on one side but it had alot more liquid in it.. and these ones seem to have less liquid. Making me wonder which one it should be. I have been doing a dry hatch 20-30% as recommended. Any advice? Thanks

Can you guys tell me what I am looking at on my 5 developing eggs? It's day 10 and they seem to be doing well and are moving around. But the air sacks look really funny to me. I figure it's to be expected in shipping eggs to look this way, but is it going to be a problem at hatch?? I was going to give these to my broody to hatch but now I am reconsidering because I have no idea how these would do laying on their sides trying to hatch. What do you think? I was told it might be safer putting them in a carton with the sides cut down low and then leaning on there sides. That it may help avoid drowning. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. Also does the size of the air cell look ok or are they too large for 10 days? I took back the one I gave my broody a few days ago and compared them. I noticed its air cell was also going down very low on one side but it had alot more liquid in it.. and these ones seem to have less liquid. Making me wonder which one it should be. I have been doing a dry hatch 20-30% as recommended. Any advice? Thanks

[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]
They all appear to have detached air cells. I think you are on the right track with putting them in egg cartons.

Back
Top Bottom